2022 Car Dealership Trends to Watch
A great customer experience is everything.
Creating brand loyalty in today's computerized world requires excellence and speed at every step of the automotive customer lifecycle, from first contact to repurchasing. If your dealership can't keep pace, we can guide you through a digital transformation to streamline your operations.
We provide a comprehensive and tailored solutions suite that converts manual tasks and face-to-face interactions to the digital applications you need to create a fantastic customer journey.
Growing demand for online services and a lingering supply chain breakdown continue to impede financial recovery in the auto industry. Many dealerships still struggle to implement new, post-pandemic sales models and combat inventory constraints.
However, this increase in digitalization (combined with shifting consumer tastes) should provide new and previously unexplored opportunities if dealerships are willing to adapt.
More specifically, this transition requires embracing 2022 car dealership trends, modifying their sales and marketing procedures to meet evolving consumer demand, and providing the buyer experiences necessary to regain momentum throughout 2022.
2022 Car Dealership Trends
Dealerships should understand and look to adopt the following trends as the auto industry continues its digital evolution:
Completing More of the Process Digitally
Manufacturers worldwide are now offering expanded online options so customers can bypass some in-person interactions. Buyers can complete these steps – at their convenience – via computer or smartphone:
These online services include:
- Researching online inventories
- Choosing vehicle features
- Taking virtual tours
- Receiving trade-in evaluations
- Scheduling at-home test-drives
- Requesting a home delivery of their new car
Leveraging Innovative Marketing Tools
Predictive analytics-powered dealership marketing tools rapidly and effectively assess their local market to discover high-quality leads.
Dealers can minimize the time-consuming chore of sorting through leads by using behavior-predicting technology to analyze data from their DMS and CRM to find prospects likely to buy soon.
These tools also enable dealers to make a solid first impression by tailoring messages to each potential buyer’s specific requirements and objectives. Dealerships can beat the competition for these clients by nurturing them throughout the buying process.
Many dealerships are beginning to accept that the EV movement has arrived. They also understand that dealers will be crucial to widespread electrification given their vast network of retailers and service providers specializing in local marketing.
However, dealers must consider how their online and in-person sales experiences will need to change as consumer buying habits and expectations change. This strategy might include the following virtual showroom enhancements:
- Providing online vehicle configuration options
- Showing your electric vehicle portfolio
- Ensuring online vehicle descriptions speak to essential selling factors
- Suggesting accessible charging solutions
Digital Billing and Service Scheduling
Digital transactions are becoming increasingly prevalent throughout the purchasing funnel. More car dealers are digitizing payment processes as another tool to provide enhanced customer experiences and manage their businesses more efficiently.
Customers can pay their bills and schedule service how they want (i.e., in-person or online) and in whatever mode they want with digital billing.
The benefits of expanded digital services include:
- Reduced time and labor. Generating and printing invoices and taking phone appointments require considerable time and effort. Sending customers electronic invoices and providing them with a means to make payments online or by mobile phone is highly efficient.
- Improved cash flow. Consumers and businesses can make and receive electronic payments on any day or night. Rather than waiting days for payments to arrive, dealerships see payments clear promptly.
- Increased customer satisfaction, trust, and loyalty. Busy people prefer to pay their bills electronically rather than on paper. As a result, the greater the range of electronic payment options available to businesses, the more satisfied and loyal their customers will be.
- Ensure timely payments. They are also handy for recurring expenses like maintenance or financing plans because they allow the dealer to store payment card information for future automated payments.
The Right Technology is Crucial
The auto industry is undergoing enormous changes due to these 2022 car dealership trends. Inventory shortages continue, environmental issues prompt a faster-than-expected EV surge, and digital solutions are ever-evolving.
However, these challenges are bringing to light a slew of innovations – from electrification to data-driven predictive analytics – that will transform the way dealerships sell and service automobiles.
These trends will continue to permeate every aspect of the automotive industry, and your dealership will require the proper technology to keep pace.
Contact us today and learn how Affinitiv’s innovative data-driven solutions can help you keep up with 2022 car dealership trends to create excellent customer experiences, promote long-term brand loyalty, and generate more business.
All | May 02, 2023